This web page monitoring software makes following hundreds of web sites and blogs as simple and fast as checking your e-mail. It will visit web sites for you, as often as you like, and notify you when it finds a change. Stop wasting time in your browser - never visit an unchanged site again!
There are many good reasons to use UpdatePatrol to watch the Internet for you:
- Monitor an unlimited number of sites, saving you time visiting sites where the content has not been updated since your last visit.
- Track updates on ordinary web pages and text files.
- Track updates on blogs (news feeds) in RSS, RDF and Atom formats - you no longer need to have a feed reader installed.
- Track updates on password protected web pages (HTTP authentication supported).
- Browse the sites using the embedded browser with the changes highlighted, saving you countless hours of reading as the changed text stands out from the text you already read.
- See text that was removed or changed within a page as well as newly added text.
- Ignore dynamic data in page comparisons, e.g. number of visitors, dates, timestamps etc. This is configurable using regular expressions (a pattern matching syntax) for maximum flexibility.
- Organize websites in groups in a tree structure as you know it from your web browser bookmarks and Windows Explorer.
- Use automated web page update checking at scheduled intervals or manual checking when you need it for single sites, all sites or a group of sites.
- Use shared (user definable) schedules to check groups of sites with the same interval, or use a custom per-site schedule.
- Schedule checks every X minutes, every hour, at a certain time every day, at a certain time at a certain day of the week or at a certain time one day each month.
- Drag a URL to the Drop Window to quickly add the URL to UpdatePatrol. Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox and other web browsers.
- Receive update notifications by a blinking tray icon and/or a MSN-like window that slides up, displays number of unread sites, and slides back down.